The Prospering Name of Jesus Christ
“Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knees should bow, of those in heaven , and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11 NKJV
God named Himself Jesus Christ so we could relate to Him, believe Him and discover the gift given to each person, the invitation to use His name. Jesus Christ gave us the power of His name to live by and to operate in. The name of Jesus is the greatest, most powerful name in existence (Philippians 2:9). The authority given by Jesus permits us to take action on His behalf (Matthew 28:18-20). It is by faith in Jesus Christ’s name that we are saved, given the gift of the Holy Spirit, set free from the bondage of sin, given total provision and continuous supply for all things, healed and made whole.
The Bible uses the word ‘remember’ frequently. In order to operate (live) by the prospering power of Jesus Christ’s name, it is important to develop a level of awareness that remembers Jesus Christ, our gifted position in Him, past miracles and how He kept us going with provision. The Lord sustains us as we learn to cast (let go of) our burdens on Him (Psalm 55:22). It takes time to get used to thinking from heaven’s perception rather than the world’s perception.
Remember Your Miracles with Thanksgiving
1. When Jesus served His disciples communion, He broke the bread saying, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” He took the cup saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” I Corinthians 11:24-25. I will remember that Jesus Christ paid my debt, never earned nor deserved. I will remember He provides for my future. I believe it to be so and receive it with thanksgiving and praise.
2. I will remember the name of the Lord My God. Psalm 20:7.
3. I will remember the Lord on my bed. My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness. My mouth praises you with joyful lips (Psalm 63:5-6). Marrow and fatness means the best of the best!
The Name of Jesus Christ
1. Calling on Jesus Christ’s name, we are saved (Acts 4:12). Salvation is total provision and continuous supply now on earth and for our future in heaven; it is God’s initiative for us.
2. Jesus Christ’s name is wholeness. The lame man was made completely whole by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth (Acts 4:10). The example of the lame man is the same for us today. It represents all humans because we are born in sin which is a death sentence (Romans 5:17). All people are crippled in one way or another revealing our need for a Savior. Wholeness is total provision for life, health, peace, power and purpose.
3. Jesus Christ’s name is strength and soundness. Faith in Jesus Christ’s name has made this man strong and has given him perfect soundness (Acts 3:16). When Jesus Christ’s name is spoken, a faith vibration that is released. This vibration is drawn out of God’s unlimited substance; it is provided for all people. The Holy Spirit is activated to perform what we speak by faith. The word spoken becomes the thing we will see in the future. For full power, use His full name, Jesus Christ.
4. “…the word (Jesus) is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith we preach)”. Romans 10:8. Jesus Christ is our mouth. “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (vs. 9). “…and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (vs. 10). “…for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.” (vs. 12).
The prospering, peace producing, health giving, need meeting, desire filling name of Jesus Christ I speak now releases the Holy Spirit to abundantly be the excellency of my personal power. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.