Privilege of Transformation
“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.” II Corinthians 3:18 NKJV
- “…with unveiled face…” Your heart and mind is open and receptive to the Spirit, not directed by rules and regulations of man.
- “…beholding as in a mirror…” This is the law of focus. What we focus on or pay attention to, we become. We live by the choice of our focus.
- “…the glory of the Lord…” Glory is seeing amazing results in this life.
- “…changed into the same image…” God’s design for believers is to be conformed to the image of Jesus (Romans 8:29). Jesus showed us how to build trust in God by His actions and by the way He lived His life. We are called to believe and say in every situation, “I can’t wait to see the good coming to me through this situation.”
- “…as by the Spirit of the Lord.” The Holy Spirit transforms us into what we see, believe and say. The more we renew our minds by studying and meditating on God’s Word, the more He transforms us.
There are many things we can do to cooperate with the Holy Spirit for personal transformation. When we do our part to build God’s Word in our belief system, the unexplainable mystery that unfolds within us is done by the Holy Spirit. In the beginning, in the middle and always, transformation is the mystery of God’s free grace. There is a shift from ‘I am alone’, based on fear, to ‘I am never alone’, based on the confidence of what God’s Word says. “…for He Himself has said, “I will never leave your nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5.
God shows His magnitude and He extends an invitation to trust Him. Self-consciousness based on fear loosens and courage arises. The need to judge or complain about people transforms into viewing people as God’s great design. The Holy Spirit gives us an urge to love and give to others as He directs, instead of by our need to fix them or their situation. We stand in awe and with thanksgiving because of the amazing work of the Holy Spirit; laziness changes into Spirit motivation; judging and complaining become a forbidden sin; a ‘no matter what’ peace resides within; events in life become opportunities and teachers.
There are no more mistakes or failures because all things are worked by the Spirit into a pattern for our good and for the good of those around us. The power to choose life according to God’s Word is a great adventure and should be seen as the mystery of His great grace.
Revelations on Our Part
1. When we accept the unconditional mercy and grace of God by accepting Jesus as Savior, the work of the Holy Spirit who lives within begins. “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).” Ephesians 2:4-5.
2. When we discover a mistaken attitude toward ourselves, life and others is, and was, the source of all human suffering, a willingness to be wrong develops. An awareness allows transformation for a new attitude based on God’s Word. The fear of change grieves the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). To stay the same is not the call of God; it is the call of society. In Western culture, the unconscious role is to train for a career, dedicate to the job, retire and slowly drift to the end of life. This type of mindset does not allow the development for interests. A new attitude says we are unlimited in careers, opportunities, health and finances! Jesus, You never put limits on me. Therefore, neither will I put limits on myself because all things are possible (Matthew 17:20).
3. By your human willpower, choose to live in peace, joy and love. This releases the revelation that it is not by your strength, but by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is constantly energizing and creating the power and desire both to will and to work for God’s good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). You are a seed bed for miracles!
Lord Jesus Christ, thank you for the Holy Spirit who lives in me as my faith-love-joy-peace ability. I praise You for the plans You had before the world began for humans to be superhuman. The awareness of You within, it must be! You are the transforming power in me to be a doorway of faith that works by love. I am open and receptive to you as my life. In Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.