"But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him." John 4:23
Worship is an important part of the Christian life. But, what exactly is worship? Some define it as song, but the simplest definition is an attitude of dependency, extreme gratitude and a life-style of faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6). It is about living in God’s presence, aware that He is always with us. Every aspect of our lives is part of worship when we make a conscious decision to do so. Worship is an exciting avenue to walk in that opens doors of blessings in our lives and takes our relationship with Him to a higher level. Love and live a powerful life of worship!
We are called to become like Jesus, not to make Jesus fit our desired mold for Him. True Christianity is worshipping the One True God, not the ‘gods’ of culture. If we hold a small view of worship we lose sight of “what is good, acceptable and perfect” because we lose the ability to know worship. When we submit ourselves completely to God and are willing to obey the slightest impulse He gives, we become masterpieces of worship, fulfilling our purpose and mission on earth.
“….Let each be fully convinced in his mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it…” Romans 14:5-6. God designed us to call things what they will be. Call this day and everything you do worship to the Lord. Fulfill your primary purpose by saying everything you do is by the Spirit and in the Truth. By this, your life is worship, praise and thanksgiving to Him! “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Colossians 3:17.
Your Primary Purpose
1. God’s purpose for all people is to be saved and to be translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ, delivering us from the power of darkness (Colossians 1:18). By a shift in perception, we now see ourselves as a beloved son or daughter. Thank you Lord for being dedicated to meeting my needs and I receive total provision now.
2. God’s plan is to put believers in Him, and Him in us (I John 4:13 & 16). Our purpose is to see ourselves living in the temple of God with the Holy Spirit, being a magnet for total provision. We are blessed because of Christ in us.
3. All promises in Christ are yes and amen (II Corinthians 1:20). Our purpose is to mix His promises with faith so they become reality in our lives (Hebrews 4:1). If we do not mix God’s promises with faith, they do not profit us (Hebrews 4:2). Read God’s Word in a personal, present-tense way, putting yourself in the promise and taking His promise for granted. Just as we turn on a light switch, we take for granted there will be light. God’s promises are always freely there for us, never earned nor deserved. I come boldly to the throne of grace, and I obtain mercy and find grace to be my helper in the time of challenge (Hebrews 4:16).
4. God’s promise… our purpose. When His promises become a reality in us, it is no longer a promise, but a lifestyle. Mixing God’s Word in a personal, present-tense way is being in the school of faith. By repetition, the revelation of God’s promises become solid. The promises of God, when mixed with faith, produce miracles. Perception changes, thinking changes. When our thinking changes, our life changes. We go from the school of faith to a life of faith, not allowing ourselves to be emotionally or circumstance controlled. “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13.
5. I serve (worship) the Lord my God with joyfulness and gladness of heart for the abundance of all things. Therefore, I have power over all my enemies (Deuteronomy 28: 47)! One of human’s biggest enemies is attempting to meet unmet needs on our own. Without revelation, human ideas, without God, turn into a frustrated, miserable, destructive, unhealthy life. God is dedicated to meeting our needs and fulfilling our desires.
Heavenly Father, I release to You all my human ideas that have robbed me of my joy because I did not include You. I replace my ideas with my inheritance, the oil of joy and the garment of praise. I receive joy, peace, prosperity, power and perfect health. Thank you that I am now lifted up. In Jesus Christ’s Name. Amen!