The Power of Love
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you love one another." John 13:34
Jesus loves us! Because of His love activated in us, we have the ability to love others. It is only by His Holy Spirit can we love others properly. “We love Him, because He first loved us.” I John 4:19. John made some amazing statements about God’s love, making it possible to love ourselves and others. “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.” I John 4:16-17.
To make perfect is operating from our perfect position in Christ. We have boldness because we have been judged ‘not guilty’. The more awareness we have of our complete position in Christ, the more we are aware of the Holy Spirit in us. Our position is not based on our behavior, only God’s love. Becoming conscious of His magnificence frees us from all lack and illness. We begin to walk in our provision of constant health by the stripes of Jesus.
By accepting our complete position in Christ, we’re released from self-consciousness and self-protection based on fear that prevents us from loving others. When we need something from another to make us feel good, we are not expressing love. By Holy Spirit consciousness, we feel good because His joy is our strength. We can stop using people to make us feel better and love them as they are. By the Holy Spirit, we see people as interesting, valuable and a wonderful creation of God. I am not better than you. I am not inferior to you, only different. I have no need to control you, fix you or reject you. We are magnificent creations of God. We are a channel for the riches of His glory to move toward others. I do not need you, but I want you to be in my life.
Foundation for Expressing Unconditional Love
1. Do not dwell on what you used to call a problem. Live challenged. Do not allow yourself to be overwhelmed. Practice casting, releasing and letting go of emotional thoughts and feelings to the Lord. He perfects that which concerns you (I Peter 5:7, Psalms 138:8). Life is too much for us to handle on our own.
2. Do not predict how God works to bless your life. Walk step by step and live in the Spirit of peace and joy. Walking in peace and joy will cause the ‘how to’ to appear at the right time and the right place.
3. Holy Spirit consciousness is peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). Self-consciousness based on fear revolves around lack, limitation, guilt, shame and pain. The Holy Spirit is the excellency of our power (II Corinthians 4:7).
4. When our heart is fixed, trusting the Lord (Psalm 112:7), we are the answer to life. Now we are free to accept, love and desire the best for others. We are able to perform every task with love and joy because we know nothing is too difficult with God (Jeremiah 32:27).
5. Love others as you love yourself (Romans 13:9). When you have the revelation that your Creator-Redeemer loves you, you are able to see others differently. Any judgment of a person based on their behavior shifts to seeing them as an accepted child of God. Love desires others to be blessed, victorious, prosperous and favored.
6. Treat the ones you love as they desire to be treated. Take time to think about what it would be like to be them? Lay aside your self-interest and your needs and focus on the good things about the ones you love, and give thanks.
Now I live in victory. God’s great love for you and me. By His love, I love you. By His love, you love me. In that love, we are free!