A Word Fitly Spoken
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Proverbs 25:11
"A person has joy by the answer of their mouth; a word spoken in due season, how good it is." Proverbs 15:23
Language is a gift from God to use for His divine purpose. God designed us to speak His Word (Romans 10:8). He says our words are important, significant, a creative force, abundant life, the future; they vibrate with result producing power by the meaning behind them. Words are like gold, valuable, attractive, edifying, encouraging and uplifting in a way that is perfectly fitted to the circumstance.
We have the power of life and death in our tongue (Proverbs 18:21). We will give account of every idle word we speak on the Day of Judgment (Matthew 12:36). Idle words are non-faith words of lack, fear, anger, gossip, past regrets and pride. Judgment is the constant, present wheel of sowing and reaping. Speaking non-faith words is sowing in the flesh; it extracts life. Speaking faith-filled words from a ‘God is my source’ position is a foundation for abundance.
Jesus tells us that we are justified (to have the things we desire) based on His Word (Matthew 12:37). We can have all of God’s good by our faith statements based on His Word. Speak God’s Word, train your mind to think upon God’s Word and His Word becomes a life-style of confidence and power. Repetition solidifies revelation and builds our belief system.
Transforming Faith Statements
1. Because of Jesus, there is always plenty.
2. God, You by the Holy Spirit, gird me with strength and make my way perfect. You make my feet like hinds feet and set me on my high places. Thank you. (Psalms 18:32-33).
Gird: Surrounded; endowed (gifted); prepared for action.
Perfect: It is our position in Christ, not our behavior.
Hinds’ feet: Swift, solid, strong.
Set me: The initiative of God for our lives.
High places: This is the revelation that we are able to see the hope of God’s calling, we are the riches of His inheritance and the exceeding greatness of His power toward us (Ephesians 1:17-18).
3. Lord, Jesus Christ, I believe, I speak, I receive. I receive my health provision from Jesus’ stripes. I receive sufficiency for all things out of God’s grace (II Corinthians 9:8). I receive increase in all things out of His promises (Psalm 115:14). I receive direction every day by the Holy Spirit to be my provided road (John 16:13). I give thanks to You every day. Amen.
4. Holy Spirit, by You in me, all things are possible. I have what I say. Every need is met. Every desire is fulfilled.
5. God, Your will for me is greater freedom, greater expression, new experiences, better health and greater opportunities. I am open and receptive to Your highest good! Thank you. Amen.
6. Because of You, Holy Spirit, I become more conscious of You in me replacing lack-consciousness. There is no more to overcome! In You as my personal power, all things are possible. The faith thoughts I speak become the thing in my life. I hear the sound of abundance. Now I am lifted up. The glory roars!
Heavenly Father, thank you for Your design for total provision, the power of the Holy Spirit and words that are fitly spoken. By Jesus Christ’s name. Amen.