We Wear a Crown of Gold
"For You preventest (showered) him with the blessing of goodness: You set a crown of pure gold on his head." Psalm 21:3
What does God think of me? The Bible clearly demonstrates how valuable and significant we are to Him. God says we are like a poem, a thing of grace and beauty. We are original; we are one-of-a kind. We are so precious to God that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins (Romans 5:8). We’re told we are God’s own possession, chosen for the praise of His glory and we have an inheritance in heaven with Him as His children. God has made us like kings and priests and crowned us with glory and honor (Psalm 8:5, Revelation 1:6). We matter because we are His most prized and priceless treasure!
Promises of God (Psalm 21:1-5)
1. “The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord.” (Vs. 1). Paul wrote in I Corinthians 4:8, “You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us, and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!” This means we do not control others or countries, rather we are to control ourselves and our own lives. We are ‘king’ over our thinking, speaking and attitudes. God said “…those who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:17. To reign is to have authority; to hold a royal office; be very powerful. We greatly rejoice in His salvation (Isaiah 61:10).
2. “You have given him his heart’s desire, and have not withheld the request of his lips.” (Vs. 2). We come to a confident mental position where God’s desires are our desires and our desires are God’s desires. No more ‘ands’, ‘ifs’ or ‘buts’ about desires. The true desires will last forever. Desires that are not divine will drift away.
3. “You showered him with the blessings of goodness: You set a crown of pure gold on his head.” (Vs. 3). Goodness means we have the capacity for kindness, generosity, helpfulness and a flexible co-operative attitude because of Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. The Lord showers us with the blessing of goodness. His blessings become more and more to our life-style as we learn to trust Him and do good (Psalm 37:3). By revelation by the Holy Spirit that we have a power greater than ourselves to be our goodness. A crown of pure gold is our privileged position in the kingdom of God. In the Old Testament, the Israelites had a plate of pure gold with the inscription “Holiness to the Lord". Gold is a symbol of value. We are valuable to God. As long as we are aware of the value we are to God, we are never without the ‘crown of gold’.
4. “He asked life from You, and You gave it to him…length of days forever and ever.” (Vs. 4). We either bless or curse our lives by the words we speak (James 3:10). We say how healthy we are. We say how wealthy we are…we say so (Psalm 107:2). God has provided, but He doesn’t determine how healthy or wealthy we are…we do, as we speak faith!
5. “His glory is great in Your salvation; honor and majesty You have placed upon him.” (Vs. 5). God’s glory is contained in us. It is waiting to be discovered and activated (I Peter 5:10). The riches of God’s glory strengthens us and meets our every need (Ephesians 3:16, Philippians 4:19). Glory is amazing results. It is the Holy Spirit who produces amazing results in our lives and circumstances. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ that I contain the riches of Your glory, the Holy Spirit! Majesty is power over the natural laws on earth. Lord Jesus Christ, because of You, I wear a crown of gold. The crown is a symbol of a reward of victory or a mark of honor. Gold means total provision and continuous supply for every need met and every desire fulfilled. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ that I am a container of You! I can never thank You enough. Amen and Amen!