"Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed." Psalm 37:3
"...so shalt thou dwell in the land..." is a high level of awareness. It is easy to be somewhere and miss many things because a lack of awareness. How many times have you looked at people in your life and missed their greatness? Taking people for granted is not only wrong, it is sinful. "Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin," James 4:17.
There is a principle in tkaing things and people for granted, you are in danger of losing what you take for granted. Notice the faith principle in Psalm 37:3. "Trust in the Lord, and do good..." The practice of trusting the Lord creates the urge to improve and change our behavior. Trusting the Lord releases a new awareness level that He is always with us as our helper and we begin to develop an attitude of thankfulness which enables us to be fed. This means having understanding to live and walk in His Spirit. "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." Galatians 5:25.
To be elevated in the awareness level begins with trusting the Lord. As we trust in the Lord, we are called to be a chooser. Choosing our attitude and response to all things is our responsibility. It is walking in the Holy Spirit that causes His greater good to appear in our life.
1. Develop an awareness that because of Jesus Christ as our Savior, we contain the Holy Spirit which is a fact. Be aware that we cannot base consciousness of the Holy Spirit on a feeling. Waiting to feel something is not faith. Feelings can be changed by faith actions.
2. Develop an awareness to not take life, people, family or ourselves for granted, but to have the courage to take God's Word for granted. The promises of God are meant for us and they never change. God designed us for Himself and Himself for us. The practice of developing an elevated awareness is necessary. The Holy Spirit is our helper. If our focus and awareness of this fact falters, we become sin consciousness. By allowing this belief of lack to replay in our minds we create more of the same. Choose to say 'no' to faulting awareness and thoughts of doubt.
3. Come to a place of awareness that our relationship and oneness position with Christ is based on His provision, not on our behavior. This perception is our chance to experience perfect health and increased strength. "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you, Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." John 14:16-20. Our behavior is a response to His inner direction that we learn to listen to.
4. Keep aware of God's gift to receive His supernatural provision. Giving is one side of the coin, to receive is the other side (Luke 6:38). Give and receive. To give freely is a natural faith action, but to receive is based on our awareness of our position in Christ. His name spoken is the open door to His Supernatural meant for us. When we call on His name He is rich over us (Romans 10:12).
Daily Practice for Awareness
1. Don't entertain negative thoughts... release them to the Lord immediately!
2. Cast all of your cares upon the Lord quickly. Your cares are His business (Psalm 138:8, I Peter 5:7).
3. Don't discuss or re-discuss your cares once you cast them upon Him.
4. Focus, with thanksgiving, on His 'on the way' answers.
5. Speak opposite of what humanism thinks and says. Speaking opposite of negative, destructive feelings changes feelings into what we are saying based on God's Word.
6. Believe every promise is a 'yes' and 'amen' (II Corinthians 1:20). In Jesus Christ, He has already said 'yes. 'Amen' means it is completed.
7. Believe that we have inherited unlimited substance from God. We draw from the abundant supply of substance in increased form by the poewr of the Holy Spirit and by faith (Romans 8:21). Substance is for life, health and peace, it is subject to how we think or speak.
Thank you Holy Spirit for setting in motion the substance to meet every need and the fulfillment of every desire. I say it to be so! By Jesus Christ's name. Amen.