"Therefore, as ye abound in everything, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also." II Corinthians 8:7
The Dictionary of New Testament Words connects the word abound with the word abundance. To abound is to overflow; it's more than enough, exceeding in measure and above the ordinary. As children of God, it is our Divine heritage to abound in all things, to enjoy a life of abundance. Developing a connection to the Source, God, is a powerful way to increase the level of abundance, fulfillment and happiness in life. Abound is a great word that gives expression to the provisions of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ was crucified to set us free from the effectiveness of sin. He was crucified so we can experience a life of wholeness (Romans 6:6). When Jesus arose from the dead and ascended into heaven, abundance was released for all things. When the original sin was crucified, the desire of God to bless and increase His children was possible. By understanding who we are in Jesus Christ and what He paid for, we accept His promise of an abundant life.
God promises that we will be abundantly satisfied with His highest and best when we put our trust in Him and are obedient to His Word. Everything we do requires faith in His ability to do what He promised in His Word. The Holy Spirit is our guide to live a life full of abundance by revealing methods found in God's Word. Living an abundant life becomes a lifestyle as we seek to be more like Christ.
How to Activate and Experience Abundance
1. Believe what the Bible says and speak what the Bible says to release the invisible substance of total provision and a continuous supply. Saying the name of Jesus Christ and speaking God's Word in a personal, present-tense way frees the Holy Spirit to release the provision of His promise.
2. Accept the idea that it is God's will for us to prosper and to be in health (III John 1:2). "I am the will of God and my desires are God's will for me on earth." In the Spirit, every day is a great day and every moment is a moment to sow seeds of gladness and joy.
3. Focus your thinking to believe God has already provided all the help you need by the Holy Spirit Who lives in you. "I boldly say God is my helper" (Hebrews 13:6). Practice releasing the Holy Spirit for every situation. Take time to observe, adapt and overcome before you say or do something you may regret.
4. See the difference in perceptions. View yourself as a spirit, connected to the Holy Spirit living in a body, overcoming human limitations. We are powerful by the Christ that lives in us. The more we understand that we live by His power, the stronger we become (Isaiah 40:29).
5. Give God thanks for every need met and every desire fulfilled. Thanking God for your abundance is the faith link to His Divine substance for all things.
6. Make prayer a priority in your life. By praying, we continually release God's will into our lives by faith, we experience His highest and best.
7. Learn to use the words "receive" and "I release". When the word "receive" is used in sincerity, it opens a door and makes contact with invisible substance. By faith, it is up to us to release the provision of the promise into our life by saying so.
8. Learn to forgive and forget. To maintain a prospering attitude, the greatest words we can speak are... let it go!
9. Say no and yes at the same time. With boldness and confidence, say no to the defeated devil when the pressure is on to be involved with your old ways. Say yes to the Holy Spirit and respond to life with faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6).
10. Change beliefs and we change our life. Wrong thinking, speaking, and acting blocks the Holy Spirit Who contains our abundance. Speak to God with an attitude of praise and thanksgiving.
Lord Jesus Christ, I receive my health provision, my financial provision, my peace provision. I receive my sufficiency for all things with thanksgiving and praise. I say this to be so! Amen.