We Have Spiritual Enablement
"Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant." I Corinthians 12:1
Calling upon the Lord is to apply faith with revelation that God performs His Word and changes things for the better. When we are born again by believing, receiving and confessing with our lips that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, God resides in us through the Holy Spirit. He awakens our life, causing us to be aware of His unlimited excellence living in us and to believe in the supernatural (Romans 8:11). The Holy Spirit moves by faith according to our belief system as we release Him to be in us what we cannot be and do in us what we cannot do.
The Holy Spirit is real and He guides us in Truth; this is a scriptural fact. He is our healer, provision, strength, counselor, wisdom, helper, righteousness, peace, sanctification and He gives us spiritual gifts (John 14:16-17, Hebrews 13:6, I John 4:13, I Corinthians 12:4-11). The Holy Spirit seals our redemption and gives us the guarantee that we belong to Him (II Corinthians 1:22).
At the time of salvation, new believers may experience feelings of joy and peace. This is great, but the experience of salvation must be based on the facts of God's Word. Feelings will wear off. When we stop waiting for a feeling and affirm the facts of God's Word, the real feeling of God's supernatural peace appears. Being excited about Jesus does not give the long lasting faith movement on the inside. Accepting God's Word as a fact and affirming it in a personal present-tense way is mixing it with faith which prospers us (Hebrews 4:2).
Concerning Spiritual Gifts
1. We can confidently say that Jesus is our Lord by the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:3).
2. The Holy Spirit gives us a diversity of gifts (tools) to operate in, but it is by the same Spirit (I Corinthians 12:4).
3. There are differences in the operation of gifts through believers, but it is by the same God (I Corinthians 12:6).
4. The manifestation of the Holy Spirit is given to every person to profit (I Corinthians 12:7). We are instructed to meditate on God's Word, give ourselves wholly to the scriptures so that our profiting (prosperity) may appear to all (I Timothy 4:15). In the Old Testament, the Israelites were to "observe to do according to all the law" (Joshua 1:7). The New Testament Law is walking in and by the Lord Jesus Christ; He is the fulfillment of the law.
5. The Holy Spirit contains all His gifts for us to use at various times and in different ways. We have access to these gifts because He is in us. Don't use the 'lack' of a spiritual gift as an excuse. "I don't have that ability because the Spirit divides the gifts as He wills." 'As He wills' means He has an answer through us for every situation. The Holy Spirit divides the gifts so we have access to the right gift at the right time. Do not think or call things difficult; it is an insult to the Holy Spirit. When we call upon Him, He is aroused, ready to answer our needs. By the Holy Spirit, all things are possible!
List of Gifts for Us
1. The word of wisdom, knowledge and discerning of spirits work together when we are in position to help or advise someone. The word of knowledge reveals a need to change. The word of wisdom is the right attitude and the right time to tell a person what needs to change. After seeking the Lord through prayer, discernment is received of when to speak to the person, now or later. Without waiting and listening to the Spirit for guidance, walls could be built instead of ministering. There are certain times when advice needs to be spoken even if there is resistance because it could be received later; this is discernment.
2. The gift of faith. It is a great time in life when we discover the Holy Spirit is our true faith (Galatians 5:22). Our responsibility is to step out in His faith; the result is His responsibility. When we speak faith over life, our health, our family, our events, we have done our part; the rest is up to Him and the other person. Faith words must come from the person prayed for. "By Jesus Christ's name, I am healed, restored and renewed."
3. The gift of healing. Fear may cause some people to believe they do not have the gift of healing. How could that be possible through them or for them? Because of limited thinking, they seek for someone to pray for them rather than praying for themselves. I have the ability to bring healing and health to myself and others. Thank you, Lord!
4. The working of miracles. Because of Jesus Christ and His finished works, we are at a high level of viewing ourselves, life, nature and others as miracles. We release miracles by saying so... This is an easy fix!
5. The gift of prophecy. We prophecy when we speak words of faith. At the right time and in the right way, boldly say, "I see you in the future as whole and doing things you cannot imagine doing yet!"
6. The gift of speaking in tongues and the gift of interpretation. The person who speaks in an unknown tongue speaks to God, speaks in mysteries (revelation) and builds themselves and others up (I Corinthians 14:2-4). If we speak in an unknown tongue, we are to pray that we may interpret (I Corinthians 14:13). The key is not try to understand the tongue language, but to be aware that it is a message from God.
We have access to the fruit of the Holy Spirit and His gifts for every occasion; this access is part of learning to wait on the Lord. Lord Jesus Christ, You are in me by the Holy Spirit. You are the excellency of my life power. By this awareness, all things are possible! Amen.