Substance Lavishly Blesses Us
"That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasure." Proverbs 8:21
"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:21
A treasury is whatever is important to us; that's where out heart (focus) is. It is written that God provides whatever is important to us (our desires). What we desire is our treasury. Each person should make a list of desires.
The greatest way God guides us into our true destiny is by our desires. The desires that arise in our heart are divine seeds from God that produce the highest and best in our life and for our future. Our Heavenly Father delights in giving us the things we desire but, the first desire of our heart should be to know Christ (Psalm 20:4, Psalm 37:4, Psalm 145:19, Luke 12:31).
The desires in our heart are there for a reason; God has a special purpose to be fulfilled in our life. Desires are the signs that show us our path; they keep us experiencing God's provision. When we have Christ as our chief desire, God adjusts all other desires to be in tune with His.
Walking with the Lord by His Holy Spirit creates places for new desires. Every new desire brings change. This is the time for praying, observing, adapting and overcoming. Desires require action in order to fulfill our true destiny. When we experience change in our life, we are out of our comfort zone. As we step out in faith, there will be times of discouragement, fear, unworthiness, of being uncomfortable, self-pity and doubt. This is not the time to give in to old patterns or give up. God gives us strength and courage for all things and works every situation for our good (Romans 8:28, Philippians 4:13).
God's divine purpose for us is to discover what is written in our heart and do it! Keep moving forward in faith. Like Peter in the boat on that stormy night, we may have heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Come out on the water." (Matthew 14:29). We have to make the decision to trust the Lord and keep our eyes on Him in the midst of any storm. God will provide us with the grace and strength that we need. Live life in full expression of what we do best. Use the talents, gifts, abilities and training to become the best we can be.
My List of Desires
1. I desire to have a healthy wife with increased strength. Sandi is my priority treasure. Every day I say, "It is written I have what I say. I say that I have a wife with perfect health and increased strength. As a steward of her life, I give understanding, respect, honor and praise. I practice not to give unwanted advice or cause her to feel that I am not listening to her."
2. I desire to live in a pain-free, disease-free, perfect-health and increased-strength body. The body given to me by God is His temple. As a steward of God's temple, I receive His ability to think right, speak right, act right and eat right. I bless His Holy temple!
3. I desire to know people and to bless them. I believe people are the riches of God; every person is unique and interesting.
4. I desire everyone who visits or attends Cornerstone Fellowship Church would accept Christ as their Savior and have a personal relationship with Him. I desire for each person to have the courage to discover what is written in their heart and act on it.
5. I desire to see increase in my finances and the finances of the church.
Every one of these desires is important to me. It is written that out of His substance, God fills and increases the fulfillment of every desire. The word substance has the same meaning as Jesus Christ's name. His name was given to believers to always provide all sufficiency in all things (Acts 4:12, II Corinthians 9:8). Jesus Christ is God's final name on earth for total provision and continuous supply. Faith is the substance of things hoped for (Hebrews 11:1). The Holy Spirit is our gift of faith that makes all things possible. Substance, Jesus, Holy Spirit and grace all have the same meaning; to prosper and be in health. Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior, we inherit substance. Substance is found in II Corinthians 4:15. God's promise is to fulfill (increase) what is important to us. Substance is God's gift through Jesus, made subject to our word of faith. We have access into this grace where we stand (Romans 5:3, Ephesians 1:17-19).
What God says about Our Treasuries (Desires)
1. Every desire we pray about and believe (expect), you will have (Mark 11:24). It is important to believe that by the design of God, we can have anything we imagine by faith. Allow yourself to imagine all desires without human filters of unbelief or limitation. It is easy to violate Jesus if we are not saying what He says in His Word.
2. David had this in his belief system when he said, "Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shall be fed." Psalm 37:3. Doing good is to choose daily to have a positive attitude with thanksgiving and to choose to bless and honor people without judgment, control or unwanted advice. Rather, replace those negative words or thoughts with God's unconditional love toward ourselves and others. Dwelling in the land is a high level awareness of our surroundings. We see all people with love and respect and we are ourselves a container and expressor of God's great love. To be fed is a sense of belonging and satisfaction. Our outlook is one of thanksgiving for ourselves, our life and everyone around us (Psalm 103:5).
3. "Delight thyself also in the Lord, and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4.
4. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." Psalm 37:5.
Lord Jesus Christ, thank you that I have inherited substance, the Holy Spirit. Thank you that You are my source and You fill all that is important to me. Help me get used to the fact that You love me and desire to freely give me all things (Romans 8:32). Amen.