As You Think... You Are!
"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..." Proverbs 23:7
The revelation that we are risen with Christ gives us access into an uplifted faith that works-by-love (Colossians 3:1). The key to have our focus on an uplifted faith that works-by-love to stop thinking about time and stop judging ourselves and others by behavior. Take a moment to create a mental picture of being known by God before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4). When Jesus died on the cross, the old sinful nature in us died. When Jesus rose from the grave, we were in Him, giving us a new life (Romans 6:6, Romans 6:4). Paul said, "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitters on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-3.
Jesus paid the price for Adam's original sin by dying on the cross; He freed us from destructive ideas. Because sin is no longer real, it is our potential that awaits revelation, therefore, causing us to act upon it by believing and speaking based on God's Word. I am dead to sin and alive to Christ. This is not something we grow into before we act upon it. It is already our position in Christ that comes forth as we speak it and act like it by faith. The eternal purpose of Christ is that we have boldness and access (with confidence by faith) to Him for our private universe. We are the eternal purpose in Jesus Christ, to live by faith and to discover 'what we think and believe'. "...the just shall live by faith." Romans 1:17. How we think and speak is our prayer power. When we get our thinking straight, we get our lives straight.
Our thoughts, attitudes, beliefs and convictions are our responsibility. To change our circumstances attracting what we choose, we must train our thinking to focus on God's Word. We are not to conform to the ways of this world, but we are to renew our minds and attitudes (Romans 12:2, Ephesians 4:23). It is of little use to entertain faith thoughts if we continue to focus on non-faith thoughts. We must cast down wrong thinking and replace our thoughts based with God's Word. Nothing happens on the outside until it happens on the inside. If we want to change our situations or circumstances, we must be willing to change ourselves. We see our life transformed in miraculous ways when we know, internalize and apply this truth.
1. Continue to train. Train your mind, train your choosing ability, train to cast your cares on the Lord, and keep your temple (body) active.
2. Keep doing what works. A dangerous thought is 'this will never happen to me'. The choices we make today will determine our life in the future.
3. Live a blame-free life. Pay attention and practice taking responsibility in life.
4. Call to remembrance. We do not earn nor deserve anything from God. We believe and receive grace freely; it is a gift from God, not a form of payment for our works.
5. God's Word says the source of human limitation was destroyed by Jesus on the cross. We no longer have to keep trying to improve our human traits. I have access to walk in the newness of life (Romans 6:4-7). Newness of life is having the blessing of Abraham connection, the Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:14).
Lord Jesus Christ, You in me by the Holy Spirit, You are my miracle of peace, power, plenty and purpose.