Faint Not, Dismayed Not
"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9-10.
"Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9
'Faint' is to yield to certain thoughts of doubt or lack that creep into our emotions. Yielding to thoughts of doubt or lack waste away our confidence and courage, suggesting nothing good will last. This type of mindset creates a lifestyle of cynical bitterness, causing an emotional numbing effect or physical illness. 'Dismayed' comes from an unexpected surprise which a strong feeling of worry, disappointment, dread, fear or upset. When we are dismayed, it breaks down our courage of how to deal with loss; it robs us of strength and energy.
Many believers think it is natural to yield to thoughts of doubt or fear when life seems difficult. Many are not aware of what Jesus meant when He said, "...as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee." Matthew 8:13. A natural human response to self, others and life make us a prey for judgments, doubt and anger. This results in complaining. Believing in lack or injustice, dwelling on thoughts of fear or lack creates more of the same. Responding to difficulties in a natural human way darkens our perception and calls up a deep need for self-pity.
A supernatural response to the events in life must be thought about and practiced based on God's Word. Regroup and retrain yourself by giving thanks for all things and in all things (I Thessalonians 5:18). Thanksgiving is always the first step of faith that lifts us over and above the circumstances. It shifts from self concern to the ability to be a creative believer, knowing every need is met. A supernatural response opens the door to God's greater good.
We are called to be choice makers; it is an act of freedom to change. In order to use choice making effectively, we must mix it with faith. No matter what our choices are today, they are creating our future to be blessed or cursed (Deuteronomy 30:19). The power to change is within us, the Holy Spirit. Only the Holy Spirit knows the mind of God concerning our lives. The Holy Spirit reveals God's perfect plan for us and leads us into its fullness. Choose to believe. Know and speak God's word and resist the urge to return to old patterns (Hebrews 3:12). Be aware of old ways that attempt to creep back into our lives. We may not admit we are departing from God or sinning, but we are. The power to 'faint not' and to be 'dismayed not' is a choice-power and an attitude-selection. It keeps hope alive!
Hope-Alive Revelations to Practice
1. I belong to a large, loving, generous God who gave me earth to live on. All the heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth He gave to me. I look around and enjoy the beauty of my earth home (Psalm 1115:16).
2. The Lord God Almighty contains the universe in Himself. He knew before the foundation of this world. He chose me before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4).
3. God upholds ALL THINGS by the word of His power; that includes me (Hebrews 1:3). 'Uphold' is provided for, enriched, empowered, directed and protected.
4. Substance is God's gifted provision for my abundance. Holy Spirit, my true faith, is the substance of things I hope for (Hebrews 11:1).
5. God designed Himself to be subject to my word of faith. Abraham was fully persuaded that God would perform what He had promised (Romans 4:21). That is why Jesus said, "As you believe, it is done unto you" (Matthew 8:13).
6. By deliberately directing my thoughts to prosperous thinking, my thoughts and words pressure God's substance and I begin to experience His supply. The Holy Spirit is the Excellency of my life power (II Corinthians 4:7). Choosing to believe that God is my source, His blessings overtake me.
7. The Holy Spirit is the substance of all things. The Holy Spirit is unlimited so I choose to believe that by Him, I am unlimited.
Lord Jesus Christ, by the Holy Spirit Helper power in me, I choose to lift up my perception and say that You are my source, not people or conditions. Lord, You are creating new ways to supply my needs. I receive my source and new ways NOW with thanksgiving and praise. Forgive me for making limiting statements (it's too hard, I can't make it, I'm sick or I don't know what to do). When I speak limiting statements, I am putting another block in the Holy Spirit. Because of Christ, I am unlimited. The Lord says all things are possible for me so I say YES Lord, all things are possible. In Jesus Christ's name, Amen!