Believe and Receive
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:8-10
The career of life is to practice trusting the Lord Jesus Christ. He gave us His name to use. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12. We are saved by accepting Jesus Christ as Savior; we live with Him forever. Salvation on earth is a life of supernatural provision. It may take some time to replace the idea 'I must earn things in order to receive God's provision' rather than to believe and receive God's provision because of Christ's finished works. Wrong thinking based on the world's system runs deep in our nervous system: 'My behavior must be fixed or cleaned up to experience God' or 'if I don't perform right or do right there is something wrong with me'. Focus on God's benefits and promises rather than on what's wrong. "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken: we also believe, and therefore speak." II Corinthians 4:13.
Recognize, Accept, Say and Act Like
1. I am accepted by the word of His power. God spoke to us by His Son, Jesus, who is appointed heir of all things; He made the worlds including everything in and on them. He upholds 'all things' by the word of His power. We are part of the 'all things' He created. Upheld is supplied, carried, protected, blessed, enriched, favored.
2. God gave the earth to people (Psalm 115:16). "Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things..." Isaiah 40:26. This is a shift in perception; the earth is created for humans. Provision for all favor, every earthly blessing, all things, in every circumstance is everywhere; it is supernaturally supplied by God. The air we breathe, gravity, seeds from the earth and the sun are examples of God's supernatural provision. We live in it at all times. When we call upon Jesus Christ's name, the door to supernatural provision opens. Look up and around at people and creation with thanksgiving and praise!
3. Recognize, accept and act like you have complete trust and confidence in Jesus' commitment to you. Jesus Christ, in you by the Holy Spirit, gives you power and authority to tread on serpents, scorpions and enemies (Luke 10:19).
- Serpent is the destruction that appears in life but is already defeated by Jesus. "Behold, I will make thee a new sharp threshing instrument having teeth: thou shalt thresh mountains and beat them small, and shalt make the hills as chaff." Isaiah 41:15
- Scorpion is one who bites with poison. It is having the power over emotions that are still influenced by the original sin. Negative emotions can cause us to be critical. We are called to bless rather than criticize or judge.
- We have power over the enemy and nothing shall by many means hurt us; it is our God given potential. How much time have we wasted by thinking about hurts, disappointments, offences, assumptions or other opinions? "Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of virtue and praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8).
- Believe and receive by saying so! I have God's power in me to have strength and energy with thanksgiving every day. This is not a onetime 'saying so' experience. By releasing the Holy Spirit, circumstances aren't intimidating. When we understand that Christ is in us and we are in Him, so are all circumstances. The Holy Spirit is well able to do all things by the word of release to change everything for our good (Romans 8:28).
- The Holy Spirit flows in life according to our 'trust in the Lord'. The Holy Spirit works by the words of faith we speak. Do not say, 'this is too hard', 'this is too difficult', 'this makes me really angry', 'I don't know what to do' or 'I don't have enough'. Say, 'this is easy', 'nothing is too difficult for the Lord who lives in me by the Holy Spirit', 'I may feel angry but the joy of the Lord is my strength and I release this anger to Him', 'thank you Lord that You direct my path and guide me to victory in this situation because I know all things work together for good', 'I have more than enough because my God is unlimited and He gives me abundance in all things'. The Holy Spirit designed Himself to be in us as our personal helper.
Heavenly Father, thank you for the way You designed everything so that the Holy Spirit is always my helper. I say it to be so by Jesus Christ's name. Amen.