"For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many rebound to the glory of God." II Corinthians 4:15
It's a challenge for believers in Christ to get used to the idea that our Creator meant for us to have strain-free, struggle-free provision for all things. We have a tendency to say apart from God, we can do nothing. We may say it, but our lives often show the opposite. How often do we pray, trust and lean on God for everyday living? God is fully capable to be our source for all things. This is an extremely different perspective than what we were taught in the world's system. Our natural mind assumes we must be the source of all that is needed for living. Scripture warns us not to adapt this viewpoint (Psalm 108:12, 146:3). Our Creator-Redeemer upholds all things by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:3). Uphold is kept, provided for, carried. All things include you and me; God is our source!
Do you believe God is your Creator-Redeemer who upholds all things by the word of His power (Hebrews 1:3)? Look at any thought or behavior that defies what you believe by being touchy, easily defensive, hurt or angry and ask yourself, "Why do I believe this way?" or "Why does this happen?" rather than asking, "Why did God allow this?" Underneath anger is pride. Underneath pride is fear. Underneath addictive behavior is buried anger, regret or disappointment. The thought protecting a wound believes it's natural to be hurt or angry. Because a defense-attitude is based on fear, it seems natural to stand up for yourself.
"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things..." Isaiah 40:26. Change your perception, take a new look at life. We are upheld by the word of Christ's power. Become aware that everything in us and around us is a supernatural expression from God. "Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed." (Psalm 37:3). 'Dwelling in the land' is a high level of awareness. I am a creation of God. I live by God. It's God's Spirit in the beginning, in the middle and throughout eternity. We would not exist without God. Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior opens the door to see and live in the supernatural provision for all things. When we accept that God is the upholding power for this planet, people and everything in life, it creates a truly thankful attitude.
What God Says About 'ALL THINGS'
1. "He hath spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32. God spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for me. How shall He not with Him also freely give me ALL THINGS?
2. "Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." Romans 8:37. Because of Jesus Christ, I am more than a conqueror.
3. "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work." II Corinthians 9:8. God, You are able to make every favor and earthly blessing come to me in abundance so that I always have enough in all things for every good work that needs to be done and plenty to share with others.
When we say the name of God, Jesus Christ, the door to the supernatural is open. The Holy Spirit is our supernatural ability to receive. Say it to be so!
Lord Jesus Christ, You in me by the Holy Spirit, You are my miracle of total provision and continuous supply.
- Now I receive my perfect health provision from Jesus Christ's stripes. I have perfect health and increased strength. Thank you!
- Now I receive my sufficiency for all things from God's great grace. Every need is met and every desire is fulfilled. Thank you!
- Now I receive my supernatural peace from the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, You are my peace, therefore, I have Your peace flowing through me. Thank you!
- Now I receive my increase out of the promise of God. I am increased more and more, me and my children (Psalm 115:14). Thank you!
- Now I receive my supernatural ability to express unconditional love to all things and to all people. By You, Holy Spirit, I can live without judging, criticizing or condemning others.
There isn't a time that we should ever stop saying, "Lord Jesus Christ, I receive!" We must stay in contact with Jesus Christ by speaking His name. Jesus Christ is supernatural!
Heavenly Father, my Creator and Redeemer, I speak by Jesus Christ's name. Guard my heart so that I don't ever get to the place where I believe I'm a mature, professional Christian, thinking I know everything and stop speaking Your Word. Your mercies are NEW every day and I receive them every day. "When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring (complaining) all the day long." Psalm 32:3.
Keep training. Keep speaking faith. Keep receiving God's provision. Keep being thankful.