Faith ideas, Actions, Results... Using Jesus Christ's Name
"Then Peter said, silver and gold have I none; but such I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6
Peter and John were going into the Temple for prayer. Each day a man, lame from birth, was put beside the Temple gate so he could beg for money. When he saw Peter and John about to enter the Temple, he asked them to give him money. Peter and John looked at him intently and said, "Look at us." Because the lame man expected to receive money, he eagerly looked at them. Peter told the man he had no money to give to him, but would give him what he had. Peter took hold of his hand, commanded him to rise up and walk in Jesus Christ's name. The man's act of faith opened the doorway to receive what Peter possessed, the Holy Spirit. Immediately the lame man was healed and strengthened; he went into the Temple with Peter and John walking, leaping and praising God. Because of Jesus Christ's name, the lame man stood before them whole (Acts 3:1-10).
Peter was in the right place at the right time with the right attitude to receive the provision of God promises. When Peter saw the man, his "faith idea" was for this man to be healed. Peter contained the answer for the lame man to be made whole, through Jesus Christ's name and the Holy Spirit.
The name of Jesus Christ is the greatest, most powerful name in existence (Philippians 2:9). The authority given by Jesus permits us to take action on His behalf (John 14:13-14). It is by faith in Jesus Christ's name that we are saved, set free from the bondage of sin, healed and made whole.
Jesus gave His name to activate the Holy Spirit as our helper (John 14:16). When we call upon the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit is activated and forms faith ideas in us. We must deliberately choose to take hold of those faith ideas, to act upon them and expect to see amazing results. I am called to be a chooser to take the challenge of redirecting my thinking and choosing an attitude of life, health and peace. We have a sense of well-being, peace and hope when we realize the Holy Spirit operates through our faith thinking and speaking. The Holy Spirit becomes in us whatever we constantly and deliberately focus our attention on. He becomes the magnet within us that connects us with the rich substance of the invisible world drawing to us total, abundant provision.
Recognize, Affirm and Act
1. Words are powerful and we create our world with our words. Speaking God's Word in a personal, present-tense way calls into being that which does not currently exist (Job 22:28). Speaking words of faith is a process that becomes a life-style to experience victory in every situation.
2. Divine substance will form and manifest in our life according to our expectations, belief system and the words we speak. If we do not re-examine and update our expectations and beliefs according to God's Word, we gradually drift toward the former, old destructive ways of life.
3. Use your name calling ability (Mark 11:23). Call yourself a seed sower and then sow seeds of time, money and kindness. God provides and multiplies resources for the sower (II Corinthians 9-10). Follow the urges of the Holy Spirit to sow seeds without expecting anything in return.
4. Tithe your way to wealth and riches. Tithing creates balance, harmony and order in your life. Thank God every day and in every way for the Divine substance of God that lavishly blesses, increases, strengthens, enriches, empowers, prospers and favors you.
5. Attend church (Hebrew 10:23). Receiving the preaching and teaching of the Word of God increases our faith, builds us up spiritually and keeps us in love and harmony with others.
6. Practice using your prayer language. God's Word says we edify ourselves and we speak directly to God when we use our unknown tongue (I Corinthians 14:2, 4).
Heavenly Father, by Jesus Christ's name, forgive me for those times I overthink myself into doubt. Holy Spirit, I release You to be my faith, love, peace and joy, in me and through me. Thank you. Amen.