I Give You the Keys of Heaven
"And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." Matthew 16:19
Jesus gave us access to the keys of heaven. The 'key' is delegated authority. We have an important charge entrusted to us; and the authority given to us to fulfill that charge. We might question God's gift of authority because of doubt, unbelief or unworthiness. God says to use our authority to open the gates of heaven (Proverbs 8:33). It is important to recognize that our relationship to God is because of Jesus Christ to operate in authority and speak openly about the gates of invisible provision.
Faith opens the door to the kingdom of God. Faith in God's Word keeps us safe, healed, victorious, prosperous, free from sin and enables us to grow in the fruit of the Spirit. Faith overcomes the world (I John 5:4). The world is a demonic nature of the original sin released by Adam; its system is based on fear, greed, anger, blame, offensiveness and lack. The powers of hell shall not prevail against the person who walks in faith. Faith is a permanent way of life for the people of God; a way that works when nothing else does.
We have authority as believers to bring heaven's will to earth because God's Spirit is in us and because we have His Word. We have been given the power of binding; it is for our benefit and becomes a doorway to other lives. Every time we confess with our lips God's Word, what is in heaven is bound to us in increased form. We have the power of loosing and receiving the power to live in abundant victory.
Jesus was speaking to Peter in Matthew 16:19 just as He is speaking to us today. The Word of Jesus is meant to be the food that we live by, causing believers to have lively hope, motivation, initiative and great purpose. Jesus said in the Lord's Prayer, "...give us this day our daily bread" (Matthew 6:11). Bread is wisdom, energy to live, understanding and power to choose. By revelation of the Holy Spirit, we not only have total provision, but it is increased provision.
One of the keys of heaven is the revelation that we are in a perfect position in Christ after we accepted Him as Savior. Another key is when we begin to act and talk like it is real. When Jesus said, "Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect", He wasn't talking about our behavior (Matthew 5:48). He was talking about our true position in Christ. This gifted position is essential to live in total victory and thinking and speaking faith that works by love. When we say, "I am seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus and I am perfect," we are calling into reality what we already are (Ephesians 2:6).
As part of the keys of heaven, Jesus said we have authority to bind on earth and it is done in heaven (Matthew 18:18). This means that we bind ourselves (declare) to be limited. It binds us from functioning in our position in heaven which hinders God's great plan for us. He goes on to say what we loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. We have the ability to function from our heavenly position which is rooted in abundance on earth. The way we believe is what we will experience. Lord Jesus Christ, I receive my perfection power now, declaring I am perfect. I loose myself on earth, loosing my heaven-self to live in miracles, peace, power, plenty and purpose on earth. The Holy Spirit makes what we say possible. You will have what you say (Mark 11:23).
1. Loose yourself on earth; Jesus never puts limits on believers. Because we have free access to the Holy Spirit, we can become as unlimited as we believe for. All things are possible if we believe (Matthew 17:20).
2. Faith imagination. "...and nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." Genesis 11:6. Take time to engage your imagination. Imagination walking and running in a pain-free body! Say this to be so... I walk and I run in my perfectly healthy body. The body you live in is a perfect temple of God (I Corinthians 3:16). If you don't choose to use your faith imagination, it may work against you.
3. The power to choose. We are called to be choosers; this is an important and powerful truth. I choose to walk in unconditional love toward myself and others today. My reaction to everyone and anything is faith that works by love. Psalm 118:24 is an important order. Eliminate the word 'will'. If we say I 'will' rejoice and be glad, it means that we haven't been rejoicing and being glad. Not we 'will' rejoice, but we rejoice and we are glad in this day now! Power words are I am, I can, I have. 'I will' could mean someday. Think about the use of your words.
4. Tithing. The regular practice of tithing cheerfully puts an element in us that can't be explained. Tithing is not for the church. It is necessary obedience for each individual to be in a solid place. Regular tithing to where we receive our spiritual revelation will put us in a confidence that will not be without it. It is a key of heaven.
5. The gift of faith. The Holy Spirit is our personal faith that works by love (Galatians 5:22). He is always faith that works by love (Galatians 5:6). If faith is not moved by love, then it is not Him.
Lord Jesus Christ, thank You that by the Holy Spirit in me, I have the keys of heaven. He is my key; by Him, all things are possible; I have what I say; every need is met; every desire is fulfilled. He girds me with strength and energy for this day. Thanks be to You, Lord. Your mercy and grace endure forever. Amen.